The growing awareness of healthcare & personal hygiene among people across the world is one of the leading factors enabling growth in the global super absorbent polymer (SAP) market. As per Future Market Insights (FMI) analysis, the market is expected to expand at 4.8% CAGR between 2021 and 2031.
The chemical industry has registered significant growth in past few years and growth is expected to be continue over the near future. Owing to the increasing applications of super absorbent polymers in medical sector and agriculture sector, the SAP market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 9.18 Bn in 2021.
Growing demand from the application of the super absorbent polymer in chemical sector will drive growth through 2021-2031. North America, Europe, and East Asia are the key markets for super absorbent polymers. Of these, East Asia is expected to remain dominant, accounting for over 28.5% of the market by 2031.
Super absorbent polymers or otherwise known as hydrogels are high weight, loosely cross linked polymer chains that are formed through the process of polymerization of acrylic acid and sodium acrylate/acrylamide. Due to the excellent property of absorbing, they are specifically used in the feminine hygienic items and diapers. Besides this, they are used in construction, packaging, and in the agricultural sector to help retain moisture in the soil.
- To Get a Sample Copy of the Report visit @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-429
Key factors driving the market include increasing awareness about personal hygiene and cleanliness, increasing disposable income of end users in countries. Rising use of super absorbent polymers in the manufacturing of feminine hygiene products, disposable diapers, and adult incontinence products will continue driving sales in the market.
With the prevalence of urinary incontinence on the rise, medical experts are focusing their efforts on developing incontinence solutions in collaboration with manufacturers. Besides this, favorable healthcare and reimbursement policies undertaken by various governments have made consumers more willing to spend on high quality incontinence products.
Spurred by this, the demand for super absorbent polymers is expected to rise. Besides this, super absorbent polymers applications are rising in agriculture, construction, and packaging production.
Super-absorbent technology is in high demand especially in the disposable hygiene industry and the agriculture sector, both of which are rapidly expanding their use. Leading companies are therefore focusing on expanding their production capacity via mergers and collaborations to get a better market presence. Investment in research and development also are increasing due to the demand for much thinner absorbents for the use in diapers and pads.
- Request Complete TOC Of this Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-429
Key Takeaways from Super Absorbent Polymers Market Study
- Super absorbent polymers sales will continue rising in the U.S., which is expected to account for over 80% of the North America market in 2021
- Sales in the U.K. is expected to increase by 3.7% in 2021, thanks to increase in use in disposable diapers, adult incontinence products, and other applications.
- Germany, France, and Russia will remain lucrative pockets for sales within Europe.
- China will account for maximum SAP sales in East Asia, while Japan and South Korea will exhibit gradual rise in demand.
- Application in disposable diapers is expected account for 76.1% SAP sales in 2021.
Super Absorbent Polymers Market: Participant Insights
Key manufacturers in the Super Absorbent Polymers market, like Nippon Shokubai Co., Ltd., BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, Sanyo Chemicals Industries, Ltd., Yixing Danson Technology, LG Chemicals Ltd, Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd., Kao Corporation. In order to gain competitive edge, they are focusing on strengthening their product portfolio and expanding their market footprint through acquisition of smaller companies in the market.
Super Absorbent Polymers Market by Category
By Product Type
- Sodium Polyacrylate
- Polyacrylamide Copolymer
By Application Type
- Disposable diapers
- Adult Incontinence Products
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Agriculture Products
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia & Pacific
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)